Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Forlorn and waterless


Is this the earliest example yet of Caradon draining the lake? I spotted that the sluice gates were open yesterday, but as the weather was grubby and horrid I didn't venture out to take a peek.

With lovely bright sunshine today, and no need to go to work, a trog around the lake seemed like a good idea. I amused myself watching the moderately confused ducks splashing about in the shallows of the mudbath pictured above.

I know that we're supposed to be experiencing global warming, but I understood that lake draining was to help control insect larvae, are there really that many about at this time of year? I'm not moaning, I'm genuinely interested.

Also good to note the new pathway being created from New Road to the Football Club (photo below right) - well done Parish Council and Village Plan People - it really does make a difference to those with less mobility and poorer vision. Thank you for your efforts.

Being not all that bright, I hadn't realised that the pathway is a work-in-progress and upon following it found myself splooshing through a sea of mud after the new surface ran out.. I'll try again in a couple of weeks.

No comments: