Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Jack Straw backs down - yippee


I've just read (and published) a comment from BathNick, as he calls himself when commenting on my musings and rantings. Nick likes to keep an eye on what I'm whingeing on about, and has a different political perspective to me: he's a tad on the right, probably not as far right as he likes to think; as I'm probably not really as far left as I like to witter on about.
Anyway, as most readers don't check the comments - here's Nick's comment in full:
"Spot of good news on this one. Jack has backed down on his new voting system. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6376229.stmI think people are waking up to the idea that with all these new communications technologies we can say no and be heard."
The joy of hearing Mr Straw eat a bit of humble pie as he claimed that his "enthusiasm" for the plan was not shared was exceptional. I believe (and this is confirmed on Nick's link) that normal voting procedures will now be used (huzzah!).

No comments: