Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chris gives us his tuppence worth



I've just received an email from the ever thoughtful Chris, who has had a wee rant about litter droppers; brought on by my posting about the proposed new legislation. I'm not sure if he intended me to publish it, but I figured I'd just do it and be damned...

"I've just read your blog re new legislation for dropping litter. I feel that any such, despicable, anti-social people should serve a term in one Her Majesty's hotels, where they should be subjected to aversion therapy. They should be buried in detritus & waste, up to the neck, as if they were swimming in the stinking, reeking filth. When they are released on licence they should attend my Cognitive Behavioural Programme which directly applies itself to the thinking errors of litterers. It is called 'Lets Stop the B.......... Who Throw Litter Out of Car Windows : An Alternative to Capital Punishment'. In this Programme we will brainwash them, similar to 'Clockwork Orange' & whenever they see anybody, in any place dropping litter they will feel sick, which will only be cured by eating the rubbish which has been dropped. I intend to sell this idea to the Ministry of Justice. Do you think there's any mileage in this idea? Could this be my next money making wheeze?"
Nice to know you're reading, Chris. Mrs The Millbrooker and I are looking forward to seeing you again as soon as we can get it together.

No comments: