Sunday, May 02, 2010

Pot of Gold to be Found Near Millbrook

In one of the last ever rides that I'll have in Tony-the-Taxi's vehicle (T-t-T is emigrating to Poland this very day) we came through St John and over the rise into the St John's Road end of Millbrook to be greeted by the sight of a vivid rainbow.

Before continuing with the narrative, I'll just casually wonder whether this might be the first recorded instance of an English taxi driver moving to Poland as opposed to vice-versa? Tony is heading eastward to marry his lovely Polish fiancee Barbara and start off a new life in Krakow - I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing them both all the very best.

In the words of a certain Librarian, "on with the narrative".

The St John's Road is but a stone's throw from Millbrooker Towers, so after Tony had dropped me off, I was able to grab the camera from the living room and head upstairs to try and get a shot or two before the temporarily visible empyrean spectrum disappeared back to invisibility.

Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to casually drop the word empyrean into conversation?

Right having gone all lyrical - here are a couple of the resultant shots:

No comments: