Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This Wedding Thing

I'm indebted to Danu of Exeter (an old buddy of Mrs The Millbrooker's) for posting this on her Facebook page. It's the only thing that's made me smile about this whole affair as the media goes into sycophantic overdrive. I'll rant properly at a later date, I'm sure.

"Favourite quote of the day, found on a comment on a random blog about today's wedding announcement:
"I assume the Mail will be suitably outraged at the thought of unemployed Kate and her third-generation-immigrant, child-of-a-broken-home husband living a in a big house in central london at the taxpayer’s expense."
"


May I be the first to propose that, misguided royalists aside, we ignore the whole ridiculous bloody charade?

1 comment:

Judith said...

"May I be the first to propose that, misguided royalists aside, we ignore the whole ridiculous bloody charade?" Hear bloody hear! Even over here the media is going bonkers.