Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Film Club Presents

Once again, those very nice people at Cinema Paradiso have arranged to have a DVD plop onto the doormat at Millbrooker Towers.


Once again, this means that I know what we're going to be showing at film club this coming weekend.


I've been waiting for this one for a long time, even going to the lengths of manipulating the list (which I don't normally do) to ensure it's been at the top for the last umpteen weeks. And finally it's arrived - I really hope it's as good as I anticipate it to be.


This Sunday, usual time and usual place, we have Sylvan Chomet's 2010 animation of the great Jaques Tati's final script: The Illusionist


Tati was working on it when he died in 1982; it was intended as a live action film with Tati in the lead role - leaving his renowned Monsieur Hulot character behind. It's taken until now for the story to come to fruition on celluloid.
Hope to see all the usual suspects on Sunday.

No comments: