Friday, September 30, 2011

Film Club Presents

So here we are again, another potential masterpiece has plopped onto the mat courtesy of Cinema Paradiso for our delight and delectation on Sunday evening.


This week's offering is a slap-bang up-to-date piece of cinema which received great reviews on its release last year. I recommend that film clubbers take a peek at this review which is the reason I stuck the film on our "to watch" list.


So, this week - usual time, usual place - we're pleased to present (in the hope that it'll be as good as the reviews and my expectations) Kelly Reichardt's Meek's Cutoff.
Hope to see all the regulars there.


*********
Just as an aside, Mrs The Millbrooker and I watched another film this week which I'd happily recommend to anyone - it's light, fun, gloriously funny and delightfully innocent. So if you're at a loose end one evening and you get the chance to see this one, I reckon you should take that chance, sit back and just enjoy....
 ...Son of Rambow (thanks to Jah Cousteau for lending us a copy for the evening and to his colleague who lent it to him).

1 comment:

Frankenkeith said...

Film Club looks good but sorry I may not make it on Sunday. Start as soon as Slocombe arrives and I may sneak in later.