Saturday, January 26, 2013

Film Club Presents . . .

What a sadly neglected blog this has been - I'll pull up my socks and drivel out some blether tomorrow. Today I have no free time left except to announce this week's film presentation for the regular clubbers.

On Sunday evening (usual time, usual place), Spanish auteur Pedro Almodovar will take centre stage at Millbrooker Towers with his most recent release 2011's The Skin I Live In.


Almodovar has been something of a film club staple over the years, this will be the fifth (or is it sixth?) of his films we've seen at our Sunday night gatherings.

This film was described by Peter Bradshaw as "....fantastically twisted . . .a luxury pulp fiction." And "...a truly macabre suspense thriller . . . clotted and tangled with bizarre backstory." You can read the full review here.

I'm really looking forward to this one - hope to see all the usual suspects there.

No comments: