Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Still empty


The photo was taken on the 10th of January; the lake was drained the day before (or perhaps the day before that, I wasn't paying that much attention). The sluice gates are still open as I write - surely this can't be intentional?
I've been corrected in my assumption that Caradon have something to do with draining the lake - it's the Environment Agency. If it's not refilled soon we'll be losing some of the wildfowl which prefer deeper and non-tidal, non-saline water. A cause for concern.
Time to contact the Environment wallahs and ask what's going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joshua,
I hope this commenting thing is working better now. It wouldn't let me post before.
I suspect someone doesn't know what's going on so give them a firm nudge. Let us know how it goes. NickC