Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hee hee hee

Way back in the mists of time when I first started this blogging malarkey I posted a bit of a rant about the house that should never have been built fronting onto New Road, looking towards Dr Scaggy's surgery.

The photo I took then is featured again below. Look at the lovely new wood cladding, nice and bright even on a dull and overcast November day.

If you want to refresh your memory you can easily find the original post at:


I was walking past the same spot today, camera in hand, so I thought I'd update:
Oh dear, oh dear..the cladding appears to have deteriorated. It's very grubby even on a lovely bright sunshiny October day. And look - it's still for sale! That's over a year (not since I posted my little effort, but since it's been on the market), and we now have Stags attempting to move the overpriced monstrosity in the rapidly stagnating housing market. That's the third agent so far failing to have any luck, both Millers and Stratton Creber having apparently been given the old heave-ho by the (almost undoubtedly) increasingly desperate vendors. I've just checked the Stags website, and just in case you were considering a purchase they want £365,000 for the privilege of watching the buses roll past from the terrace.
I wonder if I'll be able to write a second anniversary piece along the same lines? Let's hope so.

No comments: