Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Watch this one...

At Millbrooker Towers we don't have television. That's not to say there is no television set; of course there is, how else would we watch DVDs on film club nights? It's just that we don't receive any outside broadcast. We have no aerial and the set is detuned - hey presto, no licence fee and no dumbed down garbage beaming into our home. What with television having replaced religion as the opium of the masses....(continued on page 94)...

However, and there is a however, I've been idly flicking through youtube filling up a bit of time whilst Mrs The Millbrooker is away doing intelligent things at university. I've heard of Pop Idol, I've heard of American Idol...both from the same franchise, both equally crass, ridiculous and banal. I knew other countries had also bought into the Idol franchise and further enriched Mr Cowell.

As I mentioned I was idly flicking through youtube when I came across this little gem from Canadian Idol. I don't recommend watching any of the reality crud that passes for entertainment on the TV, but I do recommend clicking the link below to see an audition to bring tears to the eyes. The video's only about 30 seconds long. Do give it a spin.

No comments: