Friday, March 06, 2009

Not Subtle...

Trawling tiredly through the interweb this afternoon (yep - a barrage of early shifts has hit me again), I've found this video. It's only a minute and a half long and speaks volumes.



Abhorring Israel's behaviour in recent years towards its neighbours and the country's intransigence and seeming inability to recognise that "hard-line" simply means continual warfare does not make anyone anti-Semitic. By the same token thinking that Hamas is behaving stupidly does not make anyone anti-Islamic.

As it happens, I would consider myself anti-Islamic, but only in the same way that I am anti-religion; a person's culture is and should be respected - but not necessarily their religious beliefs. Whilst anyone has a perfect right to believe whatever they want, keep it away from me; I am very happy not to need superstitious twaddle from any creed.

No comments: