Saturday, March 14, 2009

Very Sad News for Foodies

Long time readers might remember my rampant enthusiasm for a small restaurant in Morlaix which serves utterly delicious and fresher than fresh Pétoncles (scallops) from only a couple of kilometres downriver.

On the way home from Trébrivan we planned a lunch at Créperie la Méloine where we've been treated so brilliantly in the past and where we've enjoyed many a meal of scrummy bivalves. (Well, I have - Mrs The Millbrooker can't do shellfish, so she's always enjoyed a very decent omelette).

We parked up in the centre of Morlaix and made our way to the Place de Viarmes only to find:
Yes - it's been sold and is currently closed. No pétoncles for me, this time! Oh woe is me, oh woe is me, for I am a bun...

Mrs The Millbrooker and I decided to have a sandwich from a nearby shop instead and picnicked by the river, bemoaning the lack of pétoncles throughout.

The mood lightened considerably, though, whilst queuing for the ferry at Roscoff when there we spotted two of Norbert Dentressangle's big red finest in a row. Huzzah!

No comments: