Wednesday, May 05, 2010

How To Tell That You've "Arrived"

As a putative actor, one often dreams of being the new "big thing"; name in lights, roar of the greasepaint, smell of the crowd - you know the general idea.

Well, I know that a lot of readers will have been aware of my treading the boards recently - largely because I either prattled on non-stop about it or because these pages went strangely silent whilst I rehearsed.

Well, let me tell you that you know you've "arrived" as a thespian when you play grand theatrical venues.

I am therefore delighted to announce my own "arrival" on the international arts scene. Coz I played The Energy Room at Maker (above) which is, despite outward appearances to the contrary, a great performance space - I hope to see even more of you there at whatever happens next with The Cabbage Stump Theatre Company.

Just a possible - it's looking good that I'll obtain the rights to Tom Kempinski's "Duet for One" for what might well be its first non-professional performance since a successful pro run in London last year (starring Juliet Stephenson and Henry Goodman). Samuel French Ltd has finally answered my calls and although it's by no means definite, it's likely that I'll be able to announce good news on that front soon. Huzzah!

No comments: