Sunday, July 04, 2010

A New Look for The Daily(ish) Millbrook

Eagle-eyed readers will have noticed as soon as these pages appeared on their screens that The Daily(ish) Millbrook is sporting a new look.


There is a reason for this.


As with all things computery, blogger.com which hosts this site along with a myriad others has done all sorts of updating recently and the old template that has served me so well for the last three and half years is simply no longer up to the job.


Embedding videos used to be a simple matter; but now the video files have grown so large, they don't fit onto the old style templates so anything I posted only showed half of the YouTube screen. This new template should have addressed that particular problem.


Photos are getting larger too and, once again, the old style template was creaking under the strain - so with a bit of tinkering I've found what I hope is a decent enough and readable format; further slight tinkerings might well occur over the next few days, but I reckon this will be more-or-less it for the foreseeable.


Hope it's ok for you lot as well.

1 comment:

Judith said...

I like the new look. More space, less crowded and easier to read. I changed my template for the same reason. I was annoyed when things like videos didn't fit into the old template.