Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hoover the Dog in Millbrook




I'm sure that lots of Millbrookians will already know that we are to be visited by the musical trio Hoover the Dog. I'm sure of this because there have been posters up in Widdicombe's and the hardware shop for a while now.


A pair of tickets for Mrs The MIllbrooker and me are now attached to the noticeboard in Millbrooker Towers and, on the strength of the YouTube videos that I've checked out, I recommend that anyone within hailing distance of the Rame Peninsula should grab some tickets as well.

This is Hoover the Dog (the three gents on stage right - accordion, guitar and fiddle) playing with some friends at Cheltenham Folk Festival last year in what they call their "Kennel Club" line-up performing (and I quote) "The Dance of Sugarglum Fairy". Mmmm - right up my street.

So - how's about supporting what promises to be a great evening's entertainment right on our very own doorstep?


Tickets are on sale in the hardware shop, West Street at a piffling £6 a head (with minor concessions for claimants and OAPs).


Hoover the Dog
Millbrook Village Hall
Saturday 09th October
7:30 start

There's plenty of Hoover the Dog information on their website: http://www.hooverthedog.com/index.htm

Other YouTube videos (click to view):

photo shamelessly nicked from hooverthedog.com

No comments: