Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Word About Comments

Ever since I started this blog way back in the mists of time (that'll be November 2006 then), I've had a policy about comments from readers.


It's really very simple, so simple in fact that even the densest should be able to grasp it.


I will publish any and every comment sent to me through these pages with two exceptions:
(1) if I think the comment is potentially libellous or actionable in any way or (2) if the comment is simply abusive towards me personally.


I don't have any problem with people not liking me, nor with people not liking what I write - you have a choice, you can simply not log on to these pages. If you want to write unpleasant things about me - that's fine; open your own website/blog in order to do so. Don't expect me to publish your stuff in my space.


I'm sure the (anonymous, natch) reader from the rather delightful village of Cawsand who sent the recent comment including a lament at the lack of someone attempting my murder and that  "emmits from millbrook not welcome in our village" knows at whom this little missive is aimed. Twat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the tales from where I grew up, from someone who's decided to end up there.

The Millbrooker said...

I'm very glad you enjoy the witterings. Thank you for the comment.