Sunday, March 20, 2011

Some Stuff About The Holiday

OK - you knew it was coming. Mrs The Millbrooker and I have been away and now we're back I feel obliged to bore you lot silly with photos and tales of Brittany.


I'll try to keep it brief (hmmm - do I hear sighs of relief from the cheap seats?)


Needless to say, the nine days away had a certain pattern to them - morning spent stomping up and down in the first floor twin bedroom chanting lines to myself in a not-entirely-in-vain effort to learn the part of Dr Feldmann for the up-coming play. Note script and notepad upon which I scribble every line whilst reading it aloud before attempting to do it without reading. It's a boring old job, but it has to be done.
Sometime around one-ish, Mrs The Millbrooker and I would head out for the day's outing.
This normally consisted of a good old tramp in the Breton countryside.
The afternoon's exercise would then be followed by whatever I'd cooked for dinner and a plentiful intake of liquid refreshment, occasionally resulting in silliness. Or "Trebrivan dancing" as I like to think of it.
The daily routine was amended once or twice to encompass shopping trips and entertaining guests to dinner or being invited to a family gathering over the road - but more of that later.


So - there you go. A holiday of little adventures - comme tous les jours.


There are lots of captioned photos on the Picasa pages for anyone with enough time, inclination or endurance to look at someone else's holiday snaps .......click here or use the "complete photosets" link on the right hand column.


Cheers me dears.

No comments: