Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Vision in Muscovy

Only a few days ago, Mrs The Millbrooker and I played at tents in Shazzerooneypoos' garden. This was phase one in the campaign to become marvellously efficient camping types ready for the coming folk festival season.


Since then, in a fit of possibly misplaced enthusiasm, I've ordered and duly received a pair of "sleeping pods". They are simply large sleeping bags with enough room inside to wriggle around and get comfy, unlike the constricting things I remember from my youth.


Needless to say, we both felt the urge to try them on for size. Mine arrived two days ago and no pictorial evidence of the event exists. Mrs The Millbrooker's arrived yesterday and is a slightly bulkier (and warmer) version, as is only sensible because she's a chilly mortal and I'm something of a furnace. Its colour is described by the manufacturer as "Muscovy". Looks like blue to me, but then I'm not the one trying to flog sleeping bags from the marketing department of an outdoor equipment company.


The exciting delivery was quickly stripped of its packaging and Mrs The Millbrooker clambered into her new chattel.
It all seemed a bit difficult, Mrs The Millbrooker's inexperience in such matters resulting in a  bit of thrashing about to get into place. But eventually all was well and the "pod" was pronounced nice and cosy.
The true test, of course, will be its first outing to the wilds of Upton on Severn and whether we stay nice and warm under the dome of our small marquee. I'm sure you can't wait to read all about it, you lucky people.

No comments: