Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Training Needs

No - this is not a political rant.


Regular readers will know that I'm not a big one for siding with employers; I tend to view the workforce and management as opposing forces. Call me an old dinosaur, but that's the way I see it - and in the end we all get whatever the job is done. More-or-less.


Anyway - the need for those in charge of a business to train staff properly might include the need to explain the niceties of the menu if the business is, for example, a pub which prides itself on serving good food. 


Like the King's Head in Upton on Severn, perhaps.


During the folk festival, we took a lunch break from dancing in the streets. Mrs The Millbrooker, Dozybean, The Millbrooker-Sis and I piled into the King's Head and took up munching positions at a window table.
The Millbrooker-Sis is something of a local to the area and knew the menu quite well. She selected "moules frites". One of my favourite dishes, but on this occasion I wanted more substantial fare to fuel the afternoon's activities.


My gammon steak duly arrived, brought by a very pleasant young waitress. Dozybean's soup was likewise delivered as was Mrs The Millbrooker's pasta dish.


Last to arrive was The Millbooker-Sis' chosen lunch.
"..and here's your mools fritters," the young lady grandly announced.

No comments: