Thursday, June 16, 2011

In Action At Chippenham

Just as you thought it was safe to come out from behind the sofa, I've found some YouTube videos of Wreckers Morris at Chippenham Folk Festival.


As I use this blog as much as a personal diary as I do for promulgating my blether throughout the known world, I'm going the post them here and then I'll always be able to find them again.


You might also enjoy a quick look into our tatter-clad world of folk dance and stick related acts of minor violence.


First up - a very short (14 second) clip of the very end of "Keel Over" in which Howard and Steve Wrecker are dancing alone and are trying very hard to break their sticks. Yours truly makes a micro-second's worth of an appearance at the end.



Secondly, our moment of fame - on the main stage, Arena One, we performed two dances, this is the second "Stars and Stripes" to the tune of "British Grenadiers".




Well, I enjoyed them - hope you did. There might be more to come another time.....


***********

No comments: