Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A NooNoo Rembrandt Exhibition

Alright, I'll grant you that "exhibition" might be going a bit far. But bear with me for a few short paragraphs....

Only a week or two ago young NooNoo (who no longer pronounces his real name "NooNoo", having grown out of such things some while ago) started school. Yes, my friends, it really is that long ago that I first announced his arrival into this world. The wee fellow is of school age, if not quite school size being of the diminutive variety.

NooNoo's teacher is called Ms Parrott and I'm delighted to have been told more than once, in an emphatic four-and-a-half-year-old voice, that she's "not a real parrot - she's a lady".
Might be even more fun if she was actually a parrot, but I suppose there are educational standards to keep up and simply learning how to say "Who's a Pretty Boy, Then" parrot  fashion might not quite make the grade.

Which brings me to  the point of this posting; as part of his school day, young NooNoo has been doing some drawing. I'm delighted and mildly concerned in equal measure that his choice of subject for immortalising in pencil was yours truly, his Dragon Lord.

Either the mirror is telling porkies or NooNoo is seeing something of my inner soul that has thus far escaped me. I leave you to make your own decision.

I am, however, very pleased to note that I have sprouted hair for the first time in some years. Thank you, NooNoo, do say "hello" to Ms Parrott for me.

No comments: