Monday, March 04, 2013

Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day

I've started doing a new thing, inspired by my newly found cousin Jen (it's a longish story, but Mrs The Millbrooker and I discovered lots of new cousins last summer in Dinard). The Dinard adventure happened while this blog was on sabbatical, so that story will have to remain untold.

The current state of play is that Mrs The Millbrooker and I are now in contact with a myriad people with whom we had little or no contact before and and damned fine thing it is, too. Most of this new contact is through the magic of Facebook and one of Jen's Facebook activities has been Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day.

FMS puts out a monthly list of prompts and those of us who want to take part try and take a photo every day inspired by the prompt; said photo is then supposed to shared by whatever medium you choose. I share mine on my FB page and on the official fmsphotoaday feed. I've decided I might start sharing them here as well. And why not?

March's prompt list is this:


My efforts thus far are these:

1 L is for . . .landing stage (Cremyll Ferry, part of my commute)


2. I made this 
(2 CDs from 20 odd years ago made with my old band the Family Fruitbowl)


3. Key. If I want to change key, I sometimes use one of these.


4. Lucky. This is Dave Rabbit-Rabbit, one of NooNoo's first
toys. Dave was rescued only last week from being taken to a charity
shop. Dave is therefore a very lucky Dave.


So there you have it - the first four of my photoaday efforts; great art it ain't, good fun and a little daily creative challenge it is. Anyone care to join in?

No comments: