Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Anyone But Sheryll Murray


With District Council elections in the offing and nominations for candidates being sought by Caradon we'll have at least a couple of choices here in Millbrook.
Obviously the dreadful old windbag who currently holds the position of District Councillor for our fair corner of Cornwall will be standing. It's a free country and if you feel you have to vote for the self-aggrandising, self-serving and arse-clenchingly cringeworthy lady from Hounster then you must do so.
However, there is to be an alternative. Not only will there be a Liberal Democrat (ho-hum), who may or may not about as much use as a chocolate teapot (see John Ault, our current county councillor for a prime example of this) but there is an "I'm not Sheryll Murray" candidate currently seeking (and getting) nominations. Hooray!
I can't reveal who this is - but it's someone local, someone well liked and someone who cares passionately about Millbrook and its surrounds. Perhaps more importantly it's someone who, to the best of my knowledge, has no political affilliation (even I don't know their thoughts on the major issues of the day). In short, perhaps the ideal candidate.
Don't worry I'm not going soft. The mystery person will get as rough a ride as anyone else from me if and when I feel the need - but I'm glad there is to be a real choice in who to give my X to.

No comments: