Thursday, October 18, 2007

On our way to Wiltshire


Mrs The Millbrooker and I are heading off to Wiltshire. Sadly it's not only a social occasion, although we will be staying with Alan and Sandybum for a couple of nights which, I guarantee, will involve plenty of merriment and silliness.
We'll be spending Friday afternoon in the lovely village of Bromham where we have to attend a family funeral. My dear old Uncle Pat, who wasn't really my uncle but my first cousin once removed (my mother's cousin) died last week and we're off to be with the family.
The photos show Bromham and its surrounds with St Nicholas' church in the top shot. Just as a interesting factette, St Nicholas' is where Thomas Moore (Irish poet and novelist extraordinaire) is buried.
I probably won't post much about the Bromham gathering, but I'll be sure to catch you up on Anal and Sandybum's comings and goings on Monday morning...no more posts until then; I won't have access to a computer.

No comments: