Sunday, January 20, 2008

Women are from Venus, Men are from Millbrook

Word has reached my oh-so-very discreet ear of domestic upset in the "comb-over" Meeson household. The trouble concerns the man of the house wanting a hat.


Let's start at the beginning.

At Christmas I was given a terrific hat which Lizzie had brought all the way back from Prague. It's a replica commissar's hat from the good old days of communist rule in the eastern bloc, complete with hammer and sickle badge.

Being ever so proud of my new headgear I showed it off at every opportunity, encouraging lots of my muckers to try it on. I especially enjoyed getting the more right wing of them to look suitably communistic in the wonderful noggin warmer.

Richie "comb-over" Meeson was so impressed that he started investigating getting one of his own, searching high and low on the interweb with some success. His ever-thoughtful Lynny, though, got very cross with him for even thinking of getting a hat like mine.

Lynny was under the impression that us menfolk think like womenfolk. If one of her friends had a nice new frock of which she was very proud it would be an unforgivable sin to immediately go out and buy an identical item; two women can't (apparently) wear the same dress. I'm told it's social death so to do. Lynny is now doing some frantic backpedalling as us menfolk really don't, as a rule, think along those lines.

I can think of nothing better than Richie "comb-over" Meeson, Dong and perhaps even The Sump all wearing old communist headgear. Perhaps we could form a club.

Richie - buy yourself a hat; Lynny - really, it's not only fine by me for the man in your life to have a hat like mine, I positively encourage it.

Hooray for hammer and sickle hats!

No comments: