Sunday, November 30, 2008

Home and getting silly

And a jolly pleasant Sunday afternoon to you all.

Mrs The Millbrooker and I have returned from our sail around the Canary Islands (lots more of which in more postings soon) - we're relaxed, we're knackered from travelling, we're bloody cold (it's amazing how quickly 23-26 degrees becomes the norm).

Just a very quick word to get started.

In order to give myself something to look forward to after the holiday, I've decided to take part in the New Year's Day Cawsand Bay Dip.

This is because I'm very, very stupid.
It's also because I reckon I might be able to raise a penny or two for some decent causes. The event is organised by the Torpoint and Rame Lions. A fifth of anything I raise in cash, or donations in person, will go towards their excellent work; all the rest will go to the British Retinitis Pigmentosa Society "Fighting Blindness".

I've also set up a Just Giving fundraising page, all sponsorship given through there will go straight to the BRPS Fighting Blindness.
If you'd like to sponsor me (pleeeease...), just click on the link below. If you're a UK tax payer (aren't we all?), please tick the gift aid box so your donation will be increased without extra cost to you by the amount of tax you've already paid.
Please donate / sponsor me here: http://www.justgiving.com/millbrooker. I know it's early days yet, so I'll be haranguing and reminding through these pages throughout the coming month and emailing some of you directly as well.
Many thanks.

No comments: