Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Derek Jacobi in King Lear at the Hall for Cornwall

A quick plug - I've already got my tickets (and they're good seats, too).

Arguably one of the greatest actors of his generation is visiting Cornwall for a week during which he will be tackling one of the greatest theatrical roles. I saw Jacobi some years back in a touring production of Beckett in which he played the turbulent priest opposite Robert Lindsay as Henry II. Both men were outstanding; I can't wait to see DJ in the flesh again.

So - here's the lowdown:

Derek Jacobi
in and as
King Lear
Hall for Cornwall, Truro
Monday 11th - Saturday 16th April 2011

Tickets are already on sale and if you fancy seeing this Donmar Warehouse production, it might well be wise to get your mitts on some tickets as soon as you can (prime spots are already being snapped up and not just by me).

Information and the online box office can be found by clicking here. (And, no, I'm not on commission).

***********
All those who said they wanted tickets during the brie and grape party and after the Last Night of the Proms concert are already sorted - your tickets have been bought, will be in my hands shortly and I'll be chasing for money soon after that. We'll all be going on Saturday 16th April, so don't book your holidays for that date. We'll sort out transport arrangements etc closer to the day.

No comments: