Friday, June 03, 2011

Happy Birthday Wizzers

The original plan for yesterday was for me to do my day's wage slavery, head back as quickly as possible to Millbrooker Towers, shovel some food down my neck, also as quickly as possible, and then head off for an evening with the Wreckers at Saltash.


As it happens, yesterday was the Wizzers of Soz's birthday. Not any old birthday, either. Oh no - her ladyship was 21 yesterday.


In the midst of my labours, I got a call from Mrs the Millbrooker to tell me that the birthday girl was unexpectedly coming home for a few days and that plans were changing.


And so the immediate aftermath of work saw us gathering at the not-overly-salubrious Mannamead Inn (it's another J D Wetherspoon establishment) for a birthday-tea-cum-quick-refuelling-stop.


Here's Miss Birthday having a birthday chicken korma. Jah Cousteau was also in attendance as you might notice from the dreadlocked being giving a thumbs up sign.
Dozybean and NooNoo also made it along to the impromptu nosh up.
And, of course, Mrs The Millbrooker also enjoyed tucking into some rapidly served Wetherspoon's fare.
And then, in no small rush, I still had to get to the morris dance out that I'd said I'd be at. Luckily, the Wizzers of Soz was up for a bit of minor stick related anarchy (oops, sorry, I meant "dancing"). So I had the unexpected pleasure of non-Wrecker company at the Cecil Arms.
And, after being serenaded with the world's most performed song followed by a verse or two of "For she's a jolly good fellow...", the Wizzers of Soz had a stick thrust into her mitts   and she danced Tinner's Rabbit with us (not for the first time, I might add).
To make up for the speedily improvised meal and being forced to dance the morris on her 21st, we'll be celebrating with one of Russell's far-famed slap-ups this evening at the D&C.


I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing the Wizzers of Soz a very happy 21st birthday.


Altogether now.....
"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Wizzers,
Happy birthday to yoooooooouuuuuuu..."

No comments: