Friday, January 27, 2012

Strawbs Alert

A treat for those of us of a certain age and a certain musical taste.


Mrs The Millbrooker and I have already got tickets (as have Dong, Shazzerooneypoos and Slocombe) and I recommend that anyone stumbling across this post gets onto the Hall for Cornwall website with unseemly haste to secure themselves a set of entry vouchers as well.


Ladies and germs - the legendary Strawbs will be playing in Truro on 06th June this year. Good seats are still available as I write, but I wouldn't bet on things staying that way for long.


It's an almost reasonable £18.50-£20.50 a ticket (plus the Hall for Cornwall's fees of £1.50 per ticket and £1.50 per transaction - a bit naughty, that, I reckon, but that's how it is).


For anyone who doesn't know (or remember) the band in its heyday, here's The Hangman and the Papist from Top of the Pops in 1971. Oh yes, this sort of thing used to get well into the charts I'll have you know. Sadly Rick Wakeman (on keyboards in this video) isn't with the band now, having long ago established his career as a solo artist and on-off member of Yes.

No comments: